Dong-man KIM Elected as 25th President of FKTU
Mr. Dong-man KIM was elected as the 25th FKTU President by the Electoral College on 22 January 2014.
It also elected Bro. Byung-kun LEE, KIM's running mate, as General Secretary of the FKTU.
The new leadership team begins its term as of 29 January 2014.
Mr. Dong-man KIM (President-elect)
- Born in Korea, 1959
- Served as Vice President and President of the Korean Financial Industry Union (2000-2008)
- Served as Vice President of the Federation of Korean Trade Unions (FKTU) (2008 up till now)
- Served as Acting President of the FKTU (July 2012-Sep 2012)
- Elected as the 25thPresidentoftheFKTU(22Jan2014)
Mr. Byung-kun LEE (General Secretary-elect)
- Born in Korea in 1959
- Served as President of Daewoo Electronics Union (1993-2008)
- Served as President of the Federation of Korean Metalworkers’ Trade Unions (2002-2007)
- Served as Vice President of FKTU (2002-2007, 2011 up till now)
- Elected as the 25thGeneralSecretaryoftheFKTU(22Jan2014)
Major election pledges
- Revision of the Trade Unions and Labour Relations Adjustment Act (TULRAA): repeal of provisions on the ban on wage payment to full-time union officials and the time-off system;
- Termination of labour oppression in the public sector and securing independent labour-government collective bargaining;
- Expansion of the scope of ordinary wage and raise of the minimum wage to the level of 50% of the average wage of whole workers;
- Changing the status of non-regular workers to regular one and promoting gender equality/maternity protection
- Overcoming economic crisis through concluding employment security agreement and reducing working hours without wage cuts